|Type||Marketing and Sales|
|Location||Detroit, Michigan, U.S.A.|
At Plaxis we excel in computational geomechanics, and are dedicated to developing, marketing and supporting the PLAXIS finite element-based software applications for soil and rock analyses.
Our software is used all over the world by thousands of engineers faced with challenging construction projects (for example foundations, deep excavations, tunnels, dikes and offshore constructions).
In addition to the PLAXIS software, we offer our customers, educational services through workshops, courses and training, and we offer them expert advice. The educational services are offered as public events, webinars and in-house events at the customer location.
It is our goal to become the vendor of choice for even more organizations. To stay on top and to reach more customers we continuously keep enriching and improving our software and services. For our Marketing and Sales team we are currently looking for an ambitious and dedicated:
Technical Sales Manager North America
Based in the Detroit, Michigan, area
You as a Technical Sales Manager will make an essential contribution to our sales success in the pre-contract phase. You will be responsible for the technical and commercial support of our (potential) customers. You will guide the customer in identifying the best solution and in collaboration with the sales team, you will round up the order successfully.
You will also work actively on expanding our business in the fields of rock mechanics and mining.
Our team in the USA is a critical link to the Plaxis HQ in the Netherlands. You will frequently provide structured feedback on potential improvements, new requirements and market developments to various Plaxis HQ departments.
- Respond to technical issues and commercial questions in the pre-sales phase
- Prepare and give presentations for (potential) customers to demonstrate the software solutions we offer
- Organize webinars for (potential) customers
- Monitor relevant market developments and generate new leads
- Create knowledge base articles
- Actively keep your knowledge about our market up to date
- Contribute to business development in specific submarkets, initially mainly rock and mine engineering
- Professional or academic educational background with commercial or technical specialism
- Interest in geotechnical engineering, soil mechanics, and/or rock mechanics
- 3 years’ experience in a sales engineering position in preferably geo-science or civil engineering
- Experience with numerical modeling
- Exceptionally strong technical troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Proactive, self-starter with a good sense of responsibility
- Willing to travel up to 25% of your time
- Proficient, both verbal and written, in English
- Authorized to work in the USA, and willingness to move to the Detroit area
- Experience with rock mechanics and/or mining is a plus
- Experience with Salesforce is a plus
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Stimulating innovative and knowledge-driven work environment
- A challenging international job opportunity within a successful leading company
- A high degree of independence
- Being part of the world market leader in the field of geotechnical finite element software
Plaxis has offices in Singapore (Plaxis AsiaPac) and the USA (Plaxis Americas) and its headquarter is based in Delft, the Netherlands. Regardless the location, you will work in an informal, international team with helpful, dedicated colleagues.
Additional information can be obtained from Jasper van der Bruggen (Sales Manager North America based in Detroit) via: 248 268 8200 and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reactions from staffing agencies and other 3rd parties are not appreciated.