|Location||Delft, The Netherlands|
At Plaxis we develop engineering software on a scientific basis, both as off-the-shelf products and custom designs. As a result of our growing activities, we are always looking for motivated and experienced:
Senior Scientific Software Engineer
The Plaxis Software Engineering team is involved in research, product definition, software development and high-end services. A direct or indirect contribution is given to the development of the advanced PLAXIS products and the fulfillment of client needs. The scientific development of the software involves the translation of physical processes into numerical solutions, using fundamental principles of mechanics, applied mathematics, and software engineering.
The main task of the Scientific Software Engineer will be to contribute to the implementation of numerical solutions for geomechanical and geophysical processes, resulting in updates and new functionality of the world leading PLAXIS calculation kernels and related software components. You will be working in a multidisciplinary team to solve complex numerical problems originating from geotechnical applications. You should be comfortable with taking full ownership of a numerical development task – from identifying the problem to finding a numerical solution and successfully implementing it. Furthermore, you will be maintaining and developing the existing software.
- PhD in engineering, mathematics, physics, or scientific computing (or MSc with equivalent experience)
- Being able to find numerical solutions for challenging mathematical problems in engineering simulations
- Experience with the implementation of methods based on finite elements, spectral elements, or finite volumes
- Experience with Object-Oriented Programming in C++
- Knowledge of software development tools (code versioning, code reviewing, unit testing, bug tracking, continuous integration, automated system testing, etc.)
- Team player with good communication skills
- Proficient in English
- Experience in developing original numerical solutions
- Experience with finite element software libraries
- Knowledge of linear and nonlinear solution methods
- Knowledge of and experience with C++11
- Competitive salary and benefits
- We develop state of the art software and work with the latest versions of tools and languages (for example C++14).
- Stimulating innovative and knowledge-driven work environment
- Our Joel Test score is 11 out of 12
- Advanced, quality-oriented workflow with distributed version control, automated build and test environments and code reviews
- Being part of one most successful Dutch software companies
Plaxis bv is a growing high-tech company in computational geomechanics, dedicated to developing, marketing and supporting the PLAXIS finite element software for soil and rock analyses. Our applications are used all over the world by thousands of engineers faced with challenging construction projects (for example foundations of high rise buildings, tunnels, offshore installations, dams, and embankments).
Plaxis is an organization with a young international team and is based in a modern new office on the campus of the Delft University of Technology. It is our goal to become the vendor of choice of even more organisations. To stay on top and to reach more customers we keep continuously enriching and improving our software every day. We are always looking for talented new employees who want to work with us towards reaching this goal.
How to apply
If you share our passion for creating and providing great products, projects, and services, please fill out the application form on our website or send an application stating your motivation for working with us, together with your resume (CV) and an OOP code sample written by you (approximately 1000 lines in C++).
Alternatively, send these documents to email@example.com (stating vacancy number 17-14).
Additional information can be obtained from Andrei Chesaru, Manager Software Engineering or Karin Hijma, HR Manager via +31(0)15-2517756.
Reactions from staffing agencies and other 3rd parties are not appreciated.