|Location||Delft, The Netherlands|
At Plaxis we develop engineering software on a scientific basis, both as off-the-shelf products and custom designs. As a result of our growing activities, we are always looking for motivated and experienced:
Senior Scientific Software Engineer
The Plaxis Software Engineering team is involved in research, product definition, software development and high-end services. A direct or indirect contribution is given to the development of the advanced PLAXIS products and the fulfillment of client needs. The scientific development of the software involves the translation of physical processes into numerical solutions, using fundamental principles of mechanics, applied mathematics, and software engineering.
The main task of the Scientific Software Engineer will be to contribute to the implementation of numerical solutions for geomechanical and geophysical processes, resulting in updates of the world leading PLAXIS calculation kernels and related software components. You will be working in a multi-disciplinary technical environment to solve complex technical problems. Furthermore you will be maintaining and developing the existing software.
- PhD in engineering, mathematics or computer science (or MSc with equivalent experience)
- Proven experience with the implementation of finite element based methods
- Proven experience with Object-Oriented Programming in C++
- Able to work autonomously on, and find solutions for challenging numerical problems
- Knowledge of software development tools (code versioning, code reviewing, unit testing, bug tracking, continuous integration, automated system testing, etc.)
- Team player with good communication skills
- Proficient in English
- Experience with OOP / C++ finite element software libraries
- Competitive salary and benefits
- We develop state of the art software and work with the latest versions of tools and languages (for example C++14).
- Stimulating innovative and knowledge-driven work environment
- Our Joel Test score is 11 out of 12
- Advanced, quality-oriented workflow with distributed version control, automated build and test environments and code reviews
- Being part of one most successful Dutch software companies
Plaxis bv is a growing high-tech company in computational geomechanics, focused on developing, marketing and supporting the PLAXIS finite element software for soil and rock analyses. Our applications are used all over the world by thousands of engineers faced with challenging construction projects (for example foundations of high rise buildings, tunnels, offshore installations, dams and embankments).
Plaxis is an organization with a young international team and is based in a modern new office on the campus of Delft University of Technology. It is our goal to become the vendor of choice of even more customers. To stay on top and to reach even more customers we keep enriching and improving our software every day. We are always looking for talented new employees who want to work with us towards reaching this goal.
How to apply
Fill in the application form on our website or send an application stating your motivation for working with us, together with your resume (CV) and an OOP code sample written by you (approximately 1000 lines in C++). Alternatively send these documents to email@example.com (stating vacancy number 17-14).
Additional information can be obtained from Andrei Chesaru, Manager Software Engineering or Karin Hijma, HR Manager via +31(0)15-2517756.
Reactions from staffing agencies and other 3rd parties are not appreciated.