|Location||Delft, The Netherlands|
(Senior) Simulation Software Engineer
At Plaxis we develop engineering software on a scientific basis, both as off-the-shelf products and custom designs. As a result of our growing activities, we are continuously looking for motivated and experienced new team members.
The Plaxis Software Engineering team is involved in product definition, software development and high-end services. A direct or indirect contribution is given to the development of the advanced PLAXIS products and the fulfillment of client needs. The development of the software involves the translation of physical processes into numerical solutions, using fundamental principles of mechanics, applied mathematics, and software engineering.
As a Software Engineer you are responsible for the design, implementation, integration and delivery of software as part of one of our Scrum teams. Work areas include:
- core library code shared between the 2D and 3D product lines
- geometry handling code (intersections, preprocessing for the mesh generator, etc.)
- general maintenance and bug fixing in the existing codebase
- user interface design and development
- development of tools that integrate with or drive the main Plaxis products.
- BSc or MSc degree in the field of computer science or an engineering field, or equivalent thinking and working level
- Excellent working knowledge of and proven experience in OO design and development
- Expert level knowledge in at least one of the programming languages listed above
- Strong drive to work in and with a diverse team to deliver high quality, advanced software
- Experience developing software for the simulation of physical processes
- Experience working in an agile (Scrum) environment
- Familiarity with a complete software creation toolchain (we use Jira, Crucible, git, GitLab, Jenkins, various unit testing frameworks and an in-house automated testing suite)
How to apply
- Competitive salary and benefits
- We develop State of the Art Software and work with the latest versions of tools and languages (for example C++14).
- Our Joel Test score is 11 out of 12
- Advanced, quality-oriented workflow with distributed version control, automated build and test environments and code reviews
- Being part of one of most successful Dutch software companies
Additional information can be obtained from Andrei Chesaru, Manager Software Engineering or Karin Hijma, HR Manager via +31(0)15-2517756.
Reactions from staffing agencies and other 3rd parties are not appreciated.