Free Webinar: Discover the new PLAXIS MoDeTo (Session 2)
The new PLAXIS MoDeTo is set to revolutionize the design of offshore wind monopile foundations, reducing time spent in design and cutting costs on required steel, transport and installation time. It fully implements the PISA design method, helping developers, consultants and contractors save millions in the development of new offshore wind farms.
This webinar will include:
- Introduction to the PISA method and differences with the conventional (p-y) approach
- Main features and workflows in PLAXIS MoDeTo
- Practical example of the numerical-based design workflow
- Future developments of PLAXIS MoDeTo
- Questions and answers
The practical example is largely based on the work of Panagoulias et al. (2018) for the case of a short pile. This is a validation case for an arbitrary monopile geometry in Cowden clay, modelled according to the idealised soil profile described in Zdravkovic et al. (2015)
Duration: ~60 min
Start (Session 2): 16:00 Amsterdam (GMT+1) | 09:00 Houston (GMT-6) | 11:00 Montréal (GMT-4)
Each session is limited to 100 seats. Registration should be done on an individual basis and must contain a valid email address.
After successfully enrolled users will automatically receive two emails, an order confirmation from Plaxis and the unique joining link and login details from GoToWebinar. Please contact email@example.com if you did not receive anything within the hour.
- Panagoulias, S. et al. (2018). Application of the PISA framework to the design of offshore wind turbine monopile foundations. WindEurope 2018, Hamburg, Germany.
- Zdravkovic, L. et al. (2015). Numerical modelling of large diameter piles under lateral loading for offshore wind applications. Proc. 3rd International Symposium on Frontiers in Offshore Geotechnics, Oslo, Norway.