This online training will demonstrate the practical use of Plaxis 2D for the modelling of groundwater and dewatering. The training will particularly be focusing on the relevant modelling features for such type of analysis:
- different strategies of modelling pore water pressures,
- groundwater flow analysis,
- practical use of groundwater modelling tools in PLAXIS
More particularly, special attention will be provided on
- dewatering modelling strategy
- assessment, understanding and remedies to most experienced convergence issues often associated with this type of problems
The training will first consist of a 30 minutes presentation focusing on the main PLAXIS features related to groundwater modelling. The presentation will then be followed by a 1h15 in depth live demonstration for building up PLAXIS 2D model from scratch including in-depth model results post-processing and interpretation. Finally a 15 minute question-answer session will be held.
After the training participants receive the training materials:
- presentation slides (in pdf)
- PLAXIS model file(s)s (latest PLAXIS version only)
- link to the recorded video (available 3 months)
- summary of the Questions & Answers
Please use the participant email address for further correspondence.
Time and Date
The Online Training will be given on Thursday, December 13th, 2018 at 10.00 AM PST (UTC - 8), 1.00 PM EST (UTC - 5) and 7.00 PM CET (UTC + 1).
The cost of the Online Training is USD 300,-.