Modelling complex geotechnical problems in a Finite Element program can be challenging and represents time-consuming modelling work often involving repetitive tasks. In order to make efficient use of our time, knowing the available automation options is of primary interest. This Online Training will showcase the useful options to optimize your Plaxis workflow.
First, the different options in the program will be presented, like keyboard shortcuts, optimal use of the command line including using a macro! The online training will then focus on the use of Plaxis Python wrapper which provides the most extensive possibilities towards automation. In this context, the PLAXIS command line mechanism will be explained in details along with the structure of the modelling objects created with each project. All this knowledge is needed for writing your first Python script and moving forward towards to more advanced automation solutions!
After this Online Training, you will know:
- The different automation options available in PLAXIS
- How to setup macros to be used in your workflow to optimize time
- How to find and use all the available commands used in PLAXIS Input
- About the PLAXIS Input object structure
- How to create a simple Python script, the first step for advanced automation
Within this online training, no time will be dedicated to explaining the details of the Python programming language itself. It is recommended that participants already have experience with both PLAXIS 2D and the Python programming language. Good resources for this purpose are:
- Dive Into Python 3
- After Hours Programming
- Think Python: How to Think Like a Computer Scientist
After the training participants receive the training materials:
- presentation slides (in pdf)
- PLAXIS model file(s)s (latest PLAXIS version only)
- link to the recorded video (available 3 months)
- summary of the Questions & Answers
Please use the participant email address for further correspondence.
Time and Date
The Online Training will be given on the Tuesday, October 2nd 2018 at 03.00 PM CEST (UTC/GMT + 2) and will take approximately 2 hours.
The cost of the Online Training is EUR 270,-.