This online training will demonstrate the use of PLAXIS 2D 2018 for the 2D seismic analysis of a quay wall. More specifically the attention will be given to:
- Soil material properties and damping
- Evaluation of Seismic Motion Characteristics
- Practical Use of Absorbent Boundary Conditions
- Meshing considerations
This online training is the second part of a series of 2 events on the use of PLAXIS 2D 2018 for seismic geotechnical analysis. A companion event related to the 1D site response analysis will be given on May 9th, 2018.
This training will first consist of a 30 minute presentation focusing on the Practical use of PLAXIS 2D 2018 for Earthquake Geotechnical Analysis. The presentation will then be followed by a 1h15 in-depth live demonstration. Finally, a 15 minute question-answer session will be held.
After the training participants receive the training materials
- presentation slides (in pdf)
- PLAXIS model file(s)s (latest PLAXIS version only)
- link to the recorded video (available 3 months)
- summary of the Questions & Answers
Please use the participant email address for further correspondence.
Time and Date
The Online Training will be given on the Wednesday, May 23rd 2018 at 03.00 PM CEST (UTC/GMT + 2).
The cost of the Online Training is EUR 270,-.