Practical Use of PLAXIS 3D for the Analysis of Suction Buckets
This online training will demonstrate the practical use of Plaxis 3D for the analysis of suction bucket in OC Clay. The presentation will solely focus on setting up a PLAXIS 3D FE model of a suction bucket from scratch. It will particularly emphasize on some of the most relevant modelling aspects for this type of analyses:
- Geometry and load definition
- Undrained shear strength evaluation in the framework of an effective stress based undrained analysis through soil test
- Advanced soil modelling through hypo-plasticity most relevant for OC clays (and dense sand although not explicitly covered in the OT)
- Generation of the load-displacement curves
- Evaluation of a 3*3 linearized compliance matrix (spring element with coupling terms) to be imported into structural design analysis
After the training participants will receive the training materials
- presentation slides (in pdf)
- PLAXIS 3D model file(s)s (latest PLAXIS version only)
- link to the recorded video (available 3 months after release)
- summary of the Questions & Answers
Please use the participant email address for further correspondence.
Date & Time
The Online Training will be given on Thursday, June 27th 2019 at 03.00 PM CEST (UTC/GMT + 2) and will end approximately at 04:30 pm.
The cost of the Online Training is EUR 270,-.