Practical Use of PLAXIS in Tunneling and Underground Excavations – Demonstration: 2D and 3D Analyses for the Evaluation of the Deconfinement Levels
This online training will demonstrate the practical use of Plaxis 3D for the analysis of tunnel and underground excavation. The training will particularly be focusing on some of the most relevant modelling issues for such type of analyses:
- Tunnel designer and relevant features for creating tunnel geometry and Sequential excavation (NATM) and shield tunneling modeling features
- General considerations on
- Material models (small strain stiffness, shotcrete, swelling rock)
- Structural elements
The presentation will be followed by an extensive live demonstration for setting up 3D and 2D tunnels analyses for the assessment of the proper deconfinement levels.
After the training participants receive the training materials
- presentation slides (in pdf)
- PLAXIS model file(s)s (latest PLAXIS version only)
- link to the recorded video (available 3 months)
- summary of the Questions & Answers
Please use the participant email address for further correspondence.
Date & Time
The Online Training will be given on Thursday, April 25th 2019 at 03.00 PM CEST (UTC/GMT + 1) and will end approximately at 05:00 pm.
The cost of the Online Training is EUR 270,-.