Since PLAXIS CONNECT Edition V20, extensive documentation is available regarding the Remote Scripting functionality.
This can be found under Help > Scripting reference menu:
The documentation is based on Jupyter notebooks and requires the activation of the Remote scripting server. More information on the scripting server can be found in the article Using PLAXIS Remote scripting with the Python wrapper.
The documentation is launched on a browser window and includes information and full examples of all available commands in PLAXIS Input & Output programs.
In order to use the Scripting reference, you can follow the workflow below:
- Identify command to run with Python scripting
- use Graphic User Interface (GUI) or check the command line session
- use Help > Command reference
- Go to PLAXIS Input program (also for Output commands)
- Open menu Help > Scripting reference
- Set up the Configure remote scripting server window
- Find the command for Input or Output in alphabetical order
- Click on the command name (the example will open in new tab)
- ►| Run (cell by cell)
select: Cell > Run All
- Jupyter notebook runs the example and provides the response(s) from Plaxis
- Check PLAXIS Input/Output to see the example
Figure 1. Scripting reference Jupyter notebook
Figure 2. Python example for command calculate
For more information on Python Jupyter Notebooks, follow the link to: