PLAXIS MoDeTo 1.0.0
The newly-developed PLAXIS MoDeTo constitutes the most innovative solution for the design of laterally-loaded monopile foundations. PLAXIS MoDeTo transfers the results of the PISA joint industry research project to daily engineering practice, extending the conventional design approach to accurately model the response of large diameter monopile foundations for offshore wind turbines.
Use PLAXIS MoDeTo either as a stand-alone application when defining the soil reaction curves (rule-based design) or in connection with PLAXIS 3D to extract them numerically from geotechnical 3D models (numerical-based design).
- Optimized design method for monopile foundations
- Full implementation of the PISA Method, as described in the PISA Final Report of May 2016
- Robust 1D kernel with highly efficient calculation times
- Use of Timoshenko beam theory ensures accurate results even for large diameter monopiles
- Non-linear soil reaction curves for lateral loading, rotation, base shear and base rotation
- Realistic assessment of displacements and structural forces
- Visualization and export of soil reaction curves
- Seamless integration with PLAXIS 3D (numerical-based design)
For the latest information on known issues, and compatibility notes, please visit the Knowledge Base on the Plaxis website: https:/www.plaxis.com/support
Integration with PLAXIS 3D (numerical-based design)
The connection between PLAXIS MoDeTo and PLAXIS 3D requires both licenses to be on the same CodeMeter key and to have active PLAXIS VIP subscriptions. PLAXIS MoDeTo is developed and tested for compatibility with PLAXIS 3D 2018.00 or newer. Plaxis recommends to always use the latest versions.
CodeMeter firmware and drivers
The minimal required Codemeter firmware and driver version are, respectively, versions 1.18 and 6.60. The driver version provided with PLAXIS MoDeTo 1.0.0 is 6.60. Plaxis recommends to always use the latest versions.