How to have the latest PLAXIS 2D version and PLAXIS 2D AE simultaneously installed in your computer for converting older files
The procedure of converting projects created with PLAXIS 2D Classic, PLAXS 2D 2012 or an earlier version (with extension .P2D) can only be done with PLAXIS 2D AE. Since it is inconvenient to constantly switch between installed versions, you may use this tip to have both versions (2D AE and latest 2D) are available in your system:
- Request the PLAXIS 2D AE.02 installation via email@example.com
- After receiving the installer, double-click to launch the installation process and use the default install directory (C:\Program files (x86)\Plaxis\Plaxis 2D)
- The shortcuts and file extension association (e.g. when double-clicking a file) will always refer to the last installed version, which will now be PLAXIS 2D AE.
If you do not want that:
- Re-install the latest version of PLAXIS 2D to the default install directory (C:\Program files\Plaxis\Plaxis 2D)
- After reinstallation of the recent PLAXIS 2D version, 2D AE will then need to be launched from its installation folder (C:\Program files (x86)\Plaxis\Plaxis 2D)
- In order to use a PLAXIS 2D version, you must have access to the appropriate license;
- For converting even older files with the extension *.plx, you can use the 2D Classic version, which can be found in the subfolder called classic, located inside the 2D AE program folder. See here for more details.