This document verifies that groundwater flow principles are correctly implemented in PLAXIS. Assuming an horizontal confined aquifer, the radial flow towards a well is studied under transient and steady-state flow conditions. PLAXIS results are compared with the analytical solutions presented by Theis (1935) and Thiem (1906).
- PLAXIS 2D: 2016.01 | Version 2015.02 (PlaxFlow module)
- PLAXIS 3D: 2016.02 | AE.01 (PlaxFlow module)
This requires a PlaxFlow module for groundwater flow
- Validation - Theis and Thiem solution .pdf
- Command log file: Validation - Theis and Thiem solution [2D 2016.01]
- Command log file: Validation - Theis and Thiem solution [3D 2016.02]